We have vacancies for paid Casual Minibus Drivers working from our Worcester Office.
Rate of Pay: £7.20 per hour, zero hours contract
D1 driving entitlement is essential
For an application form & diversity monitoring form please download here:
Please return your completed application & diversity monitoring form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for any questions please call: 01905 24741
For Full Job Specification please see details below.
JOB TITLE: Minibus Driver – Occasional
RESPONSIBLE TO: Passenger Services Co-ordinator/ Supervisor
SALARY: £7.20 per hour
HOURS WORKED: Variable (will include evenings and weekends)
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Casual
DISCLOSURE REQUIRED: Yes – DBS Enhanced Disclosure
To drive all Worcester Wheels vehicles legally, safely and responsibly, taking either; groups of passengers or individuals on a demand responsive basis, to and from different destinations. To operate all auxiliary equipment fitted to vehicles such as lifts, ramps, steps, radios, wheelchair harnesses and restraints and cab heaters, the removal and replacement of seating where necessary etc, in a safe and proper manner.
To ensure passengers are embarked, carried and disembarked safely. That appropriate seat belts and when required child seats are used at all times the vehicle is in motion and that any wheelchairs, frames, oxygen cylinders, luggage and goods are properly and safely restrained.
To be flexible and willing to work at short notice, in normal working hours but also on occasions unsocial hours including evenings and weekends.
- To transport passengers accessing Worcester Wheels services in a safe and responsible manner.
- If and where the service dictates, to collect passenger fares, record concessions and issue tickets
- To support the gathering and provision of monitoring data as required by service commissioners
- To provide cover for passenger assistants as required.
- To be responsible for meeting the legal requirements of Road Traffic Regulations, Construction and Use Regulations, Domestic Driving Rules and use of tachographs where relevant and all other aspects of Road Transport legislation.
- To ensure that vehicles are cleaned on a regular basis (inside and out)
- To ensure all Worcester Wheels requirements for drivers in relation to vehicle maintenance, safety, fare collection and data recording are met.
- To attend training courses as appropriate for the improvement of the service, including:
Assessment and training to MiDAS standards
Awareness of safeguarding issues for children and vulnerable adults
Emergency evacuation from a minibus
- To ensure vehicles run to schedules, as identified. To ensure the correct completion of paperwork appertaining to each trip undertaken within the working day.
- To inspect your vehicle as required by current legislation and Worcester Wheels policies and report any defect or damage to your manager, using the Worcester Wheels defect reporting procedure
- To ensure that all customers of Worcester Wheels are given clear directions concerning use of the services, are welcomed with courtesy and respect at all times and given assistance as required and within reason.
- To demonstrate responsibility and leadership for promoting and championing all aspects of equal opportunities; valuing and managing diversity in all areas of one’s work
- Responsible for ensuring and achieving the objectives of the Worcester Volunteer Centre Health & Safety policy and compliance with the policies and procedures as contained in the Safe Driver and Employee Handbooks
- Undertake any other duties to meet your team and organisation objectives following consultation with your manager.PERSON SPECIFICATION
|Skill/Knowledge/Level of competence||Essential||Desirable|
|Education to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent (or a willingness to work towards)||x|
|Current driving licence with D1 entitlement (max. 3 points)||x|
|Experience of driving minibuses and/or larger vehicles||x|
|Experience of working in the voluntary sector||x|
|Experience of cash handling||x|
|Experience of working with vulnerable adults or children||x|
|Experience of working on a demand responsive transport service or commercial bus service||x|
|SKILLS AND ABILITIES|
|Ability to respect client confidentiality||x|
|Able to act as a team playerDemonstrate||x|
|Awareness of Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Issues and the boundaries of professional relationships||x|
|Excellent customer service||x|
|Being prepared to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business including unsocial hours, such as weekends, mornings and evenings||x|
GB / 29/09/16diversity-form