Opportunities for volunteering at Worcester Wheels include:
Driving – either in your own car or one of our vehicles
Passenger Assistant – Providing support to customers in the vehicles
Office support – Working in the office, as:
- Telephonist – taking calls and booking journeys for customers
- Clerical support – keeping electronic and paper records up to date
- Assisting with marketing and promotions – ensuring that the charity’s website is up to date.
We still need more volunteers to meet the growing number of requests for transport from our customers. New volunteers will be joining a small friendly team of staff and volunteers, who are all dedicated to providing the best possible service to those in need locally. Full training will be provided.
The amount of time committed to helping is entirely up to the individual volunteer.
We are committed to good practice. We want to make it easy for individuals to volunteer and for organisations to publicise their volunteering opportunities.
- See our FAQs
- Guidance on Volunteering and State Benefits
- Read our current opportunities
- Fill in your details and search on Do-it.org
- Become a community transport driver
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Community Impact and Change – volunteering enables you to connect to your community and make it a better place.
- Make new friends and connections – expand your network and boost your social skills.
- Share your skills – if you have just retired, or are still working and want a new challenge, now is the ideal time to coach, mentor, or use your skills on a project.
- Improve your employability – add new skills to your CV, improve your time-keeping and get a reference.