Worcester Volunteer Centre belongs to the Worcestershire Volunteering Hub, which is a partnership of six volunteer centres. They provide volunteer brokerage throughout the county.
Benefits of having a Worcestershire Volunteering Hub are:
- volunteering practice and standards are consistent,
- the same forms and online system are used across the county
- information is shared to help individuals find a voluntary placement, or to help organisations find a volunteer (with your permission and within the limitations of the Data Protection Act)
- information about voluntary roles across the county is uploaded regularly to the Worcestershire Voices marketplace.
Volunteering Hub partners are:
- Bromsgrove and Redditch Network
- Community Action Wyre Forest
- Droitwich Spa and Rural CVS
- Evesham Volunteer Centre
- Pershore Volunteer Centre
- Worcester Volunteer Centre
Volunteer Centres are assessed to make sure they meet national standards. They are accredited by Volunteering England to deliver six core functions:
- Marketing volunteering
- Good practice development
- Developing volunteering opportunities
- Policy response and campaigning
- Strategic development of volunteering
The Volunteer Centre Worcestershire logo at the top of this page demonstrates that the partners are all accredited by Volunteering England and meet these standards. It acts as a quality standard.
The Hub set up a Google calendar to show one-off volunteering opportunities throughtout the year. These include festivals such as the Pershore Plum Festival and Worcester City Music Festival. You can add an event to this by adding email@example.com to your circle of friends on Googlemail/Google+. See the calendar here.