Opportunities for volunteering at Worcester Wheels include:
- Driving, either in your own car or one of our vehicles,
- Providing support to customers in the vehicles as a Passenger Assistant,
- Working in the office, as
- A telephonist, taking calls and booking journeys for customers
- Or providing essential clerical support, keeping electronic and paper records up to date
- Or assisting with marketing and promotions, such as ensuring that the charity’s website is up to date.
Volunteer drivers use their own cars or Worcester Wheels minibuses with wheelchair access, to take customers wherever they need to go such as to the doctors, hospital, clinics, day centres, shopping, lunch clubs, or to visit friends and relatives.
We still need more volunteers to meet the growing number of requests for transport from our customers. New volunteers will be joining a small friendly team of staff and volunteers, who are all dedicated to providing the best possible service to those in need locally. Full training will be provided.
The amount of time committed to helping is entirely up to the individual volunteer.