Congratulations to Julia Micklewight of ASPIE and Enza Smith of Kinship Carers UK who both won prizes at the annual Volunteering Fair in Worcester City’s Guildhall.
All volunteers looking after display stands at the fair were offered a free ticket for the draw at 2pm. Prizes included B&B at the Birmingham Hilton Hotel and tickets for the Odeon Cinema.
Pictured below are, left to right: Julia Micklewight, Deputy Mayor Councillor Mike Whitehouse, and Enza Smith.
Volunteer at Cancer Research UK Race for Life events in Worcester on 30 & 31 May. Volunteers are an essential part of Race for Life. Without them, events simply couldn’t take place. Race for Life events are the biggest success when there is a collective force of volunteers helping out on the day, so they need every one to get together and lend a hand. By volunteering, you can get:
- Hands-on experience with people from all walks of life, while contributing to a worthwhile cause.
- Personal satisfaction of knowing you’re helping to make a real difference in the fight against cancer.
- The opportunity to meet new people, and help out in your local community.
Give time; beat cancer sooner. Join our volunteer army and help beat cancer sooner. Sign up to volunteer at Race for Life 2015 today raceforlife.org/volunteer
Worcester Event details are:
- We have a NEW Pretty Muddy event on Saturday 30 May and our usual 5k & 10k events on Sunday 31 May
- Pretty Muddy is a new exciting event to Worcester, starts at 10am with waves of 300 participants taking part every 15 minutes until approx. 1pm (depending on demand). The course is 5k and has obstacles around the route with some muddy elements added. It will go around Pitchcroft and Racecourse pathways and follow a similar route to the 5k but not involve road closures.The exact route is to be confirmed soon.
- The 5k & 10k events will both start at 10am on Sunday30 May and will be the same route as last year with a few closures on Grandstand Road and Waterworks Road.
- Last year 2452 women did 5k and 545 did 10k in Worcester and raised a fantastic £162,700 – thank you very much for your contribution and support in making this happen!
- This year Race for Life is hoping for 2500 women to do 5k, 600 to do the 10k and 3600 for the Pretty Muddy event and raise £181,000 sponsorship in total.
More details at http://www.raceforlife.org
On Twitter @RaceforLife
A Volunteering Drop-In is being held on Wednesday 11 March from 1-3pm at the Rainbow Hill Centre, Astwood Road, Worcester, WR3 8ET.
- Your questions answered about volunteering
- A variety of volunteering opportunities available
- Information about “Your Helping Hand” volunteering dog walking, shopping and gardening service
- Duckworth Worcestershire Trust will be on hand to chat about their many volunteering opportunities, including; practical, conservation, arts and crafts
- All this in a relaxed and friendly environment, all are welcome and refreshments available
In addition to this we will have a laptop and portable printer, thanks to Community First Neighbourhood Matched Funding, which enables us to take our advice and support out into the community to access as many people as possible.